Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Why I am NEVER sick!

I have never had the flu, have had VERY few colds, have not had the stomach flu since I was 17, and pretty much have not had any other illnesses!! 

It is NOT just luck.....

I am healthy - I am obsessed with being and staying healthy!  

Here are Tips for you and your family to stay healthy this 2009!

1.  Wash your hands like crazy!!!  I can't tell you how many times I have been in a public restroom and the people do NOT use soap or they just walk out...UGGGGG  GROSS!!  Wash your hands with soap and water, lather for 30 seconds getting in between each finger and rinse - I know it seems easy but sooo many people don't do it long enough or at all.  I promise it works!!!!  I wash my hands a lot and keep lotion by my bedside table to use for dryness.  This one is soooo easy!!

2. Clean your kitchen DAILY!!!  You should be cleaning the kitchen and the kitchen sink every time you eat and GET RID OF THE sponges!!!  These things carry sooo much bacteria t is unbelievable.  I use paper towels (I buy ones that are NEW but recycled)...so not as much guilt.

3.  Clean your computer keyboard, the mouse, your cell phone and home phones with alcohol. DAILY!!  Or at least 1-2x a week.....tons of germs stay on these areas and get in between the keys and holes on your phone.

4.  Vacuum more often - this not only cuts down on dusting but gets rid of airborne bacteria.

5.  Water - Drink more!!!  I drink over 100 ounces daily....more if I do cardio.

6.  Veggies and fruits!!  At least 6 servings a day - ohhh soooo yummy!!!  This is a great time for fruit - I have been loving strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries!!  

7.  Exercise - walk , run, the elliptical, strength training, weight lifting.....ANYTHING!!  Just sweat for goodness sakes!!   Get out those bad toxins....it makes you sleep better, feel better, not to mention weight loss!!

8.  Kick smoking, too much alcohol, sodas including diet sodas.....more water!!!

9.  Sleep!!!  I know many of you have small children that keep you up at night....well let's shoot for 7 perhaps 8 per night - you will feel sooo much better!!

I do ALL of these things!  

If you are sick a lot - what do you have to lose?  Just try these things - let me know what happens!  

No comments:

Post a Comment