Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Humidity - how to keep your cool!!

I love summer!!!  But I hate what it does to my skin.

I start breaking out more and I become extremely oily!!

Here are some ways that I keep the acne and greasies to a minimum...

1.  Switch from a liquid foundation to a mineral foundation - a little goes a loooonnnnggg way!!  Don't over -powder because then you will look creasy and cakey!!
2.  Spritz your skin with a fine mist spray - to get rid of the powder look but still have nice coverage. Keep spritzer with you all of the time - they come in smaller sizes that fit in your bag.  **Remember the last thing you want to do is make yourself look older - this is a MUST have**
3.   If you find yourself having more acne, blackheads, skin issues in the summer months - you MUST treat BEFORE you get the acne not after!!!  So use your salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide products 4-5x a week - so you are attacking the problems before they happen!!
4.  Use the incredible oil absorbing sheets instead of continually adding powder to your skin.  My routine is this....I use the sheets several times a day(yes I am THAT oily at 35)....then 1-2x a day I use my powder.  Both times I use the spritzer for that glowy look!!


No comments:

Post a Comment